Altantuya Murder Trial: Postponed to January 2009

11 November 2008
Shah Alam

High court judge Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yasin was informed yesterday by the defence lawyers that they could not enter testimonies from several witnesses for the murder trial of Altantuya Shaariibuu.

As such, the counsels requested for more preparation time as the prosecution had also spent a long time to present their case, almost 18 months in total. Zaki decided to postpone the trial to 15 January 2009.

The accused, Chief Inspector Azilah Hadri and Corporal Sirul Azhar Umar, enter their defence on 31 October 2008. Co-accused political analyst Abdul Razak Baginda was recently acquitted without his defence being called.

Counsel Datuk Hazman Ahmad said nine defence witnesses were not available as they had gone outstation.

Lawyer Kamarul Hisham Kamaruddin said P. Balasubramaniam is still at large while he was trying to interview blogger Raja Petra Kamaruddin.

Balasubramaniam, a private investigator for Abdul Razak, is believed to have fled out of the country with his wife and children.

Raja Petra is believed to have posted a statutory declaration on his website on 18 June 2008 and is possibly able to reveal his sources behind that. Kamarul said he had requested Raja Petra’s lawyers on 31 October 2008 for the interview with the blogger, who had been detained under the Internal Security Act, but has yet to receive any response.

New Straits Times Online – Case postponed, Bala sought
<URL:http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Tuesday/National/2398549/Article/index_html>

MCW – Altantuya Murder Trial: Lunggan Confirms Items Received
<URL:http://malaysiacrimewatch.lokety.com/altantuya-murder-trial-lunggan-confirms-items-received/>

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Share

Leave a Reply