Fourth Prosecution Witness Uuriintuya Gal-Ochir Testifies

26 June 2007
Shah Alam

Altantuya Shaariibuu’s friend, 30-year-old Uuriintuya Gal-Ochir, who accompanied her to Malaysia last year, was the fourth witness from the prosecution side of the murder trial involving the Mongolian model Altantuya and political analyst Abdul Razak Baginda.

She testified in High Court today that taxi driver, Ong Ah Hoon, gave a certain amount of money to police officer Inspector Mohd Faizol Azuhan Che Omar to locate Altantuya. He was said to have paid him at a police station on 23 or 24 October 2006, about five days after Altantuya was reported missing.

Uuriintuya had identified the police officer as the one seen outside Abdul Razak Baginda’s house on 20 October 2006. She also told the court that they made a police report because the three of them, including Altantuya’s cousin, Namiraa Gerelmaa, were indirectly given death threats from Abdul Razak.

The private investigator, P. Balasubramaniam, who was hired by Abdul Razak, had previously stated that Abdul Razak had never told him of his intention to kill anyone.

She explained to Deputy Public Prosecutor Manoj Kurup that when Altantuya did not return from Abdul Razak’s house that night, Uuriintuya contacted Altantuya’s cousin, Burmaa Oyunchimeg, who was in Hong Kong at that time. Burmaa reached Malaysia two or three days later and gave an undisclosed amount money to that taxi driver.

On that night, Altantuya had wanted to return to Abdul Razak’s house again to meet him alone. Uuriintuya told the court that Altantuya looked like she was replying to an SMS while she went out to the same taxi that drove them earlier. Uuriintuya also described Altantuya as being dressed with a black Espirit jacket, a pair of dark blue Levi’s jeans, Gucci sandals, and a black Fendi bag. Altantuya was also wearing a watch, a pair of earrings with “black stones” and a gold ring.

When Namiraa was cross-examined by Wong Kian Kheong, counsel for Abdul Razak, she admitted to having Suras’ mobile phone number and that he had visited her a few times and stayed in her room between half an hour to five hours each. She denied having any close relationship with him. Suras was reportedly to have slept on one of their beds from 5am to 10am, frightening the three women.

Uuriintuya denied demanding any money or air tickets to Mongolia from Abdul Razak and that she and Namiraa had came to Malaysia to find English courses here.

Uuriintuya returned to Mongolia with Namiraa on 26 October 2006.

New Straits Times – Altantuya murder trial: ‘Cabbie gave cop money to find Altantuya’

New Straits Times – Altantuya murder trial: ‘Leave or die’

New Straits Times – Altantuya murder trial: Victim ‘was determined to meet Razak’

The Star Online – Friend: Victim looked like replying to an SMS

The Star Online – Altantuya was wearing branded stuff

The Star Online – ‘Witness tells of ‘payment’ to cop

The Star Online – ‘PI spent five hours with us’

The Star Online – Death threats

MCW – Altantuya’s Cousin Said Abdul Razak Threatened Them

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Leave a Reply

Spam protection by WP Captcha-Free