Uuriintuya and Ang Testify in Altantuya Trial

27 June 2007
Shah Alam

Uuriintuya Gal-Ochir was questioned by counsel Karpal Singh, who is holding a watching brief for the Shaariibuu family and the Mongolian government, on how certain she was that the watch, earrings and ring worn by Altantuya Shaariibuu belonged to her.

She did not leave the country with Namiraa Gerelmaa, Altantuya’s cousin, on 26 October 2006. She said her passport was in Altantuya’s bag on the day that she went missing, thus she had to leave for Mongolia later on 24 November 2006.

Uuriintuya explained that although she did not verbally understood the death threats given by Suras Kumar when he banged on their hotel room door between 3am and 5am, it was Altantuya who let him into the room. He had put down his helmet and slept on a bed after he entered their room. Altantuya thought that she could actually meet Abdul Razak if they let him in. Uuriintuya quoted Altantuya as saying that she believed Suras was Abdul Razak’s bodyguard.

Uuriintuya was also asked to identify a white diamond gold ring that Altantuya was seen wearing before she went missing on 19 October 2006. She told the court that Altantuya said her boyfriend, whom Uuriintuya believed him to be Abdul Razak, bought it for her.

The fifth prosecution witness that stood up in court today was private investigator Ang Chong Beng, aged 56. He was hired by Altantuya last September to track Abdul Razak. Altantuya said she was poor and was only able to deposit US$600 into his bank account on 1 October 2006.

Ang said he met Altantuya for the first time at Hotel Malaya in September as she wanted him “to find out whether her husband, Abdul Razak Baginda, was in Malaysia or overseas.”

On 12 October 2006, Ang managed to determine Abdul Razak’s house location and took Altantuya and her two Mongolian companions, Namiraa and Uuriintuya, to his Bukit Damansara place on 17 October 2006.

Ang said he saw Altantuya talking to Abdul Razak’s private investigator P. Balasubramaniam outside Abdul Razak’s house, after which two police patrol cars arrived. She entered one of the cars and was brought to the Brickfields police station. Balasubramaniam advised Altantuya against lodging a police report, but Altantuya said she would comply if Abdul Razak gave her US$500,000.

New Straits Times – Altantuya murder trial: Why record of entry to Malaysia deleted?

New Straits Times – Altantuya murder trial: Witness grilled why private eye was let into room despite threats

New Straits Times – Altantuya murder trial: Witness: Victim hired me to track ‘husband’

The Star Online – Witness: Records of entry to Malaysia and China deleted

The Star Online – Witness: Altantuya hoped to meet Razak through him

The Star Online – ‘Diamond ring a gift from boyfriend’

MCW – Fourth Prosecution Witness Uuriintuya Gal-Ochir Testifies

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Leave a Reply

Spam protection by WP Captcha-Free