9 August 2007
Rape, murder and child abuse cases dominate the news headlines for July 2007. A string of rape cum murder incidents suggests that the criminals have no intention of letting the victims expose their vicious deeds by silencing them permanently.
A woman had her throat slit from ear to ear after she was raped in her bedroom, a 22-year-old hairdresser found strangled and raped in her salon, a 9-year-old raped by 31-year-old stepfather, a teenager abducted from clinic and gang-raped by two men, and a university student was allegedly raped and strangled by three foreign security guards.
Child abuse victims include a 3-year-old who died of multiple injuries, another 3-year-old who was burnt and remains strewn apart, another 3-year-old girl murdered by her mother, another 11-month-old murdered and thrown into canal by housewife mother, another 6-month-old suffered a leg fracture under the care of an Indonesian maid, and a 17-month-old girl sustained head injuries and scalding.
The news that caused the most sensation was the case of a Singaporean man whose body was chopped into 11 pieces and stuffed into five plastic bags. The bags were sealed in a refrigerator located in a posh condominium in Mont Kiara. The new owner who bought the unit from a bank auction, made the shocking discovery after he decided to do some cleaning there. The victim’s wife has been remanded to assist in investigations and police believe her boyfriend was involved.
The murder trial of Mongolian Altantuya Shaariibuu continues on, with the prosecution team suffering three setbacks so far. Inadmissible statements from the accused parties and substandard police reports complicate the case. The hearing continues.
July 2007 recorded a new high number of visitors, 49% more June 2007.
- Number of unique visitors: 2190
- Number of page views: 4020
- Percentage are returning visitors: 15.27%
- Busiest day of the month: 31 July, 257 visitors, 604 page views
- Busiest day of the week: Tuesday, 378 page views
- Busiest hour of the day: 0500hrs, 620 page views
- Average visitors per day: 129.68
- Average page views per day: 285.19
- Top visiting countries: United States, Australia, Singapore
- Top stories:
- Top refering sites (other than search engines):
- Top search phrases:
- crime in malaysia (39 hits)
- nora jawi spreen jawi (36 hits)
- altantuya (31 hits)
July 2007 Visitors
July 2007 Pageviews